CS 170 - Lab Data
- DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER IN THIS CLASS. (Unless instructed to do so. Even then,
- When downloading files for the lab DO NOT save the web page, save the file.
To save the file with Firefox, right-click on the link and choose "Save Link As..."
This is so that all of the formatting in the file is preserved.
- Don't forget that you may need to use the --strip-trailing-cr
switch with diff
if it's telling you that all of the lines are different.
- Online submission page for
the labs. Your username and password are the same as your Digipen login.
- Make sure that you save all of your code for the labs. Most of the labs are going to build on previous
labs. This means that, unlike CS120, you must do every lab. Also, you will be submitting
all of the code at various times during the semester for the TAs to grade as if it were
a programming assignment.
All code for the labs MUST still follow the
Style Guide for CS120. The
tablen program must be run on your files, as well.
- In order to help automate the testing of your code, the submission server will use input/output
redirection. If you understand this simple concept, it will help you automate your own testing.
Normally, output (e.g. cout) sends its output to the screen. To send it
to a file instead, use the greater-than (>) symbol:
Any output from myprogram will go to a file named out.txt and you will see nothing on
myprogram > out.txt
Normally, input (e.g. cin) is read from the keyboard. To have the program read input
from a file instead, use the less-than (<) symbol:
All input to myprogram is read from in.txt, and the keyboard is ignored. Also, none of the
characters that are in the file will show on the screen.
myprogram < in.txt
- Here is a Doxygen template to use for the labs and assignments.
You must edit this file for each lab/assignment so that it contains the relevant information
(e.g. filenames, assignment/lab name/numbers).
- Lab #1 - Due Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 11:59 pm (makefiles, there is nothing to submit)
- Lab #2 - Due Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 10:00 pm (makefiles2)
- Lab #3 - Due Wednesday, February 1, 2017 at 10:00 pm (fibonacci)
- Lab #4 - Due Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 10:00 pm (List1)
- Lab #5 - Due Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm (List2)
- Lab #6 - Due Friday, February 24, 2017 at 10:00 pm (List3)
- Lab #7 - Due Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 10:00 pm (List4)
- Lab #8 - Due Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 10:00 pm (List5)
All 5 List labs are to be turned in as an assignment - Due Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 10:00 pm (assign_listlab)
- Lab #9 - Due Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 10:00 pm (Vector1)
- Lab #10 - Due Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 10:00 pm (Vector2)
- Lab #11 - Due Wednesday, April 5, 2017 at 10:00 pm (Vector3)
- Lab #12 - Due Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm (Vector4)
All 4 Vector labs are to be turned in as an assignment - Due Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 10:00 pm (assign_vectorlab)
Optional Extra Credit Lab:
- Extra Credit Lab - Due Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:00 pm (EC_Vector5)
- Extra Credit Lab - Due Friday, April 21, 2017 at 10:00 pm (EC_functions)